Our inaugural select radIO podcast is live! In this episode, we start out by talking a little bit about what we do as Industrial/Organizational Psychologists and consultants here at Select International, a little bit about our company culture and why we love working here, and we dive into some currently trending topics in the HR and I-O Psych world.
We’ll have a revolving panel of guests on the podcast each episode to talk about employee selection, HR topics and news, hiring tips, workplace trends, leadership, employee safety, healthcare hiring, and more.
In particular this week, we give you a sample of the kinds of topics we'll cover as we briefly discuss company culture, the manufacturing skills gap, high volume hiring, and turnover. Oh yeah, and we talk a lot about snacks.
This is just the beginning! We're always taking suggestions for topics or things you'd like to hear from our I-O experts about.
If you want to read more about these topics, here are some blog posts that might interest you:
Manufacturing Skills Gap:
- How to Close the Skills Gap using Culture and Manufacturing Hiring
- How to Attract New Generations to Fill the Manufacturing Skills Gap
- Overcoming the New Manufacturing Hiring Challenges
- 3 Common Challenges to High Volume Hiring and How to Overcome Them
- 3 Steps to Reducing the Stress of a High Volume Hiring Project
- How to Maintain a Positive Candidate Experience During High-Volume Hiring
- Make High-Volume Hiring More Efficient With This Checklist
- HR Hacks: Here's What Causes Employee Turnover and How to Reduce It
- 4 Common Causes (and Solutions) for Employee Turnover
- 5 Tips for Creating a Realistic Job Preview That Will Reduce Turnover